Re: XDP question: best API for returning/setting egress port?

[...]

> JohnF, any test results with this you can share?  Presumably you tested with
> virtio-net, right?

For my patches using the xdp_redirect with virtio-net showed no measurable
difference from running just the straight XDP_TX in the PPS column. However
virtio_net XDP_TX was quite low to start with (and I was mostly just looking
at functionality so I don't recall if there was a CPU usage hit) so I expect on
ixgbe to see a difference. However I have plenty of cpu overhead to consume on
the 10Gbps card so it will likely just be a CPU % cost not a PPS cost. I'll
bother Alex about the 40Gbps cards ;)

Anyways, I'll put it on my list to rerun. But like the xdp generic pieces it
wont be for a couple days until I get around to it. Sorry need to take care of
a few things first.

Thanks,
John