Re: [regression] Kernel OOPS on boot with Kernel 6.3(.1) and RTL8153 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter

On 08.05.23 22:09, Jakub Kicinski wrote:
> On Sat, 6 May 2023 08:20:23 +0200 Linux regression tracking (Thorsten
> Leemhuis) wrote:
>>> I don't seem to have the permissions on BZ, but I'm guessing we could
>>> do the opposite - you could flip bugbot on first to have it flush the BZ
>>> report to the list, and then reply on the list with regzbot tracking?
>>
>> That's the plan for the future, but for now I don't want to do that, as
>> it might mess up other peoples workflows, as hinted above already and
>> discussed here:
>>
>> https://lore.kernel.org/all/1f0ebf13-ab0f-d512-6106-3ebf7cb372f1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx/
>>
>> That was only recently, but if you jump in there as well it might
>> persuade Konstantin to enable bugbot for other products/components. Then
>> I could and would do what you suggested.
>
> CC: workflows
>
> I'm a bit confused. I understand that we don't want to automatically
> send all bugzilla reports to the ML. But AFAIU this is to avoid spamming
> the list / messing with people's existing BZ workflow.
> If you pre-triage the problem and decide to forward it to the list -
> whether you do it with buzbot + regzbot or manual + regzbot is moot.
>
> The bugbot can be enabled per BZ entry (AFAIU), so you can flip it
> individually for the thread you want to report. It should flush that
> BZ to the list. At which point you can follow your normal ML regression
> process.
>
> Where did I go off the rails?

You missed that Konstantin (now CCed) is just a bit careful for the
bugbot bring up and therefore for now only allows bugbot to be enabled
for BZ entries that are filed against the product/component combination
Linux/Kernel. I could reassigning bugs there, but that would break the
workflow for maintainers like Kalle, which look at all bugs assigned to
their product/component combo (Drivers/network-wireless in Kalle's case).

Ciao, Thorsten