Re: Introducing bugbot

On Tue, Apr 04, 2023 at 04:16:08PM +0000, Artem S. Tashkinov wrote:
> I love everything about what you've done except I've got a minor feature
> request for the kernel bugzilla and this new workflow specifically.

Great to hear.

> Let's have a bot which polls open bug reports every 3-6 months with this
> question:
>
> "Is this still an issue in the current kernel? Please leave a comment or
> this bug report will be closed due to inactivity".

I plan to do it slightly differently -- there will be a "housekeeping" command
running daily that will auto-close bugs that haven't seen any activity for a
defined period (90 days, for example), with a message like:

"This bug is now closed due to inactivity. Please reopen if this issue is
still relevant with the latest kernel version."

> By doing this we could make the bugzilla a whole more relevant and effective
> tool instead of having a ton of bug reports no one cares about or can even
> confirm.
>
> I would only exclude the bug reports of type "Enhancement".

I wouldn't, because these aren't bugs and shouldn't be filed in bugzilla. I
would just advise the person who opened the bug where they should send an
email with their ideas and then close with "RESOLVED/MOVED".

-K