Re: Introducing bugbot

On 03.04.23 23:45, Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote:

> Per our discussion last fall, I've been working on a bridge between bugzilla
> and public-inbox, which went live in the past few days. It's still a very
> early release, but it can do the following:

thx for working on this.

>    New bugs will be created in the Linux/Kernel component of Bugzilla, but
>    they can then be reassigned to any other component. As long as they remain
>    open, bugbot will continue tracking threads for new messages until either
>    the bug is closed, or it has been over 30 days since any activity on the
>    bug.

30 days from my experience sounds too short for me (but I have no hard
numbers to back this up). I would have gone for 90 days, but I guess
that would create too much load?

> [...]
> 2. Start mailing list threads from pre-triaged bugzilla bugs. This works the
>    opposite way and creates mailing list threads based on bug reports filed in
>    bugzilla. The useful things here are:
>
>    - bugbot only gets triggered on open bugs in Linux/Kernel that have the
>      "bugbot" flag set to "+", which allows pre-triaging a bug before bugbot
>      sends it to the mailing list
>    - there is a special "cf_subsystem" field added to that component; bugbot
>      will match it verbatim to the MAINTAINERS file components and will send
>      mail to the M: and L: addresses for that subsystem
>    - bugbot will then monitor for any updates to that thread, so any mailing
>      list replies will be added as comments to the bug (thus sending a
>      bugzilla mail notification to the initial author)
> [...]

Would be great if bugbot could CC the regressions list for all bugs that
have the regressions flag set to "yes"

How does one make bugbot forward a bug to everyone in the signed-off-by
chain of a commit that caused a regression, which might or might not
have a bugzilla account?  When the reporter performed a bisection these
are the primary contacts that need to be reached out to, but the
maintainers and lists for the subsystem obviously should be CCed.

Ciao, Thorsten