Re: Planned changes for bugzilla.kernel.org to reduce the "Bugzilla blues"

Hi Thorsten,

> On Oct 3, 2022, at 6:10 AM, Thorsten Leemhuis <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Thing is: bugzilla.kernel.org is there and will be for a while, as it
> provides services that some developers rely on. And it has some
> problems, as widely known and outlined in my mail. Reducing those for
> now by performing a few small changes (aka applying some band-aids here
> and there) as outlined above IMHO is worth it to reduce the pain. There
> was no opposition to that plan from Konstantin or core Linux kernel
> developers afaics (please correct me if I'm wrong), so I'll likely start
> working on realizing it later this week, unless I get "no, please
> don't/please wait" from those people.

With the band-aids you outline in place: do you think it would it be beneficial to have a liaison holding users’s hands through the process, _then_ triaging to developers by contacting them with the information they need? (This is something proposed previously on this thread[1], and something I’ve already said I’m willing to do[2][3].)

IOW, someone to bridge between end users and developers and (at least try to) help bring some order to the chaos.

Thanks,
-srw

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20221002141321.394de676@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/
[2] https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/DA4EA2D8-0EA0-41FF-B495-68EC9E92CC30@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/