5725-5875 MHz in France (was: Re: [ANN] wireless-regdb: master-2018-05-09)

On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 06:33:16PM +0200, Mathieu Peyréga wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm wondering if the regulatory DB is up to date for France, especially
> regarding channels in band 5725-5875 MHz

It's certainly possible that it is not.

> in
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sforshee/wireless-regdb.git/tree/db.txt?id=HEAD
>
> I can find :
>
> |country FR: DFS-ETSI (2402 - 2482 @ 40), (20) (5170 - 5250 @ 80), (20),
> AUTO-BW, wmmrule=ETSI (5250 - 5330 @ 80), (20), DFS, AUTO-BW, wmmrule=ETSI
> (5490 - 5710 @ 160), (27), DFS, wmmrule=ETSI # 60 GHz band channels 1-4,
> ref: Etsi En 302 567 (57000 - 66000 @ 2160), (40)|
>
> which as far as I understands it prevents top of 5.8GHz band channels from being used.
>
> The European Union have taken the following decision :
>
> http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:32013D0752&from=EN
> (or in French :
> http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/FR/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:32013D0752&from=FR)
>
> where (p14/20, line 61 of the frequencies table) it should be allowed in E.U.
> and the last column states that member countries should reflect thie E.U.
> decision at national levels regulations before 2014 July 1st.
> I don't know for other countries, but it seems that France as complied with
> this, regarding the document from our national agency (ARCEP) :
>
> https://www.arcep.fr/uploads/tx_gsavis/14-1263.pdf
>
> on page 23/35, the table gives the exact same condition as the E.U. rules. I
> believe those frequencies should now be allowed in FR regdomain.

Based on what I'm seeing it likely can be added. I'll send a patch a bit
later, or else you can go ahead and send one.

> Also, I own a Synology RT2600AC routeur, and the regional settigns pages
> allows to set "European Union" which result in the access point broadcastin
> a "EU" regdom that I can not find in the wireless-regdb
>
> Shouldn't it be added in the database ?

I'm not completely sure ... my initial reaction is no as EU is not a ISO
3116 country code, but if this is common then perhaps it should be
added.

Thanks,
Seth