Re: New PHP SDK for Windows

Hi Anatol, I just actually used a checkout of your new binary tools for a successful build of 7.0.13 Thank you! Great work.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/

On 2016-10-31 2:01 PM, Anatol Belski wrote:
Hi,

I'm working on the new Windows PHP SDK. So far, some usable alpha state is
reached. It is compatible with PHP-7.0 and the current SDK and contains
additional new features. The essential changes in the new SDK are

- starter scripts included, making the environment setup easier
- updated tools, including bison 3.0.2
- more tools including sed, awk and others based on MSYS2
- new tool for dependency update automation

The current state is reachable under

https://github.com/OSTC/php-sdk-binary-tools/tree/new_binary_tools

I would like to call everyone interested to please check and provide
feedback and PRs. Other useful tools can be invented on the base of the new
SDK. Production usage is not yet recommended, but the more feedback is there
- the closer it'll be. The plan is to replace the current PHP SDK with the
new one in foreseable future for PHP 7 builds, maybe also to backport for
the 5.x tree. This also correlates with the upcoming AppVeyor integration,
and both tasks in general are directed to improve the QA and experience
situation when building PHP on Windows.

Please check more on the github README page. If some tool is missing or is
worth it to be implemented, please create a ticket. A new step-by-step-build
wiki page will also need to be created, once the new SDK was considered
stable. I would also ask to migrate the linked repository to git.php.net,
meanwhile the PR can be accepted on the OSTC repository page.

Thanks

Anatol