RE: Opcache issue: opcache.file_cache_callback (or documentation issue?)

Hi Martin,

opcache.file_cache_fallback=1 implicitly activates opcache.file_cache_only=1 for a certain process only, that failed to attach to SHM. This is automatically on if opcache.file_cache is explicitly setup. That certain process will use file cache only until it exits, while still requiring a small part of SHM to be reattached.

Thus, it is always worthy to activate the file cache. While not being as fast as SHM, it'll significantly reduce failures due to SHM reattach issues on Windows, while still keeping speedup. And yes, we have to add this at least to the php.ini-* docs.

Regards

Anatol