Re: php 5.5+ --with-pdo-pgsql

Thanks to everyone who responded, I have gone through all the messages and hopefully understood them:)

Sorry for the late reply. Everything worked as explained here, however there are still some wrinkles.

The php 5.4 has mostly everything compiled in, so it has few (if any) dll.
The 5.5 has the pg dlls and (finally) loads them w/o errors, But still can't find the pg pdo drivers. The 5.6 php unzipped w/o an /ext dir, so no dlls. The 5.5 dlls won't play with 5.6.

I probably didn't d/l the 5.6 properly, or messed it up somehow. Anyhow, php 7.0 looks promising, but at this point a really long shot.

Peter
"Jan Ehrhardt" <phpdev@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:clps9b1ksu6f35gufdbrma0jp32do8iqkm@xxxxxxx...
"Peter Gostelow" in php.windows (Sun, 17 Jan 2016 03:03:47 +0200):
I installed an 'EnterpriseDB-ApachePHP' binary package that included apache 2.2, postgresql 9.2, and php 5.4. That was years ago. I now want to upgrade
to to php 5.5 and higher. I have installed apache 2.4, postgresql 9.3, and
php 5.5. They work fine.

BTW: If you are upgrading anyway, I would go for PHP 5.6 or maybe even PHP
7.0. PHP 5.5 is nearing end-of-life and already in the 'security-fix-only'
phase. PHP 5.6 will receive security fixes for a longer time. PHP 7.0 is
the future and it is quite backwards compatible with PHP 5.6. If you do
not need other extensions than pgsql and pdo_pgsql that is the way to go.

Jan