Re: Apart From IIS and Apache is there another web server that can be used with PHP, MySQL on Windows

Le 19 janv. 2014 à 15:05, Lester Caine <lester@xxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
> Of cause all the heavy production servers are running Linux. No point even trying with windows for that, but some customer sites still insist on windows only, and so everything has to be fairly transparent between the two. And since someone will ask - my platform is around 3 times faster running a linux stack over a windows stack on identical hardware. The figures were published somewhere but can't put a hand on the link at the moment.
>
> http://wiki.nginx.org/PHPFastCGIOnWindows is not the tidiest of solutions, but that is windows rather than the software. Running on 32 bit XP, but it's internal systems so I can't point to an example :(
>
> Nice thing about this setup is that PHP can be running on a different machine, but I have yet to try with the copy of PHP running on the linux server and nginx on an XP box. If there is a linux server on the site then obviously that gets used for everything :)

Thank you.

I thought there was a neat production ready way to make them run on windows but it is too tricky. I’ll stick with apache or IIS.
Most likely I’ll look more into IIS, Apache tends to be buggy on high load on windows and php/IIS is very efficient. As efficient as nginx/fpm on linux according to Pierre (on wordpress like install).

Regards,

Bruno