Re: Folder permissions required to create/copy files in/into it during PHP script/code execution?

On 21 August 2013 17:00, Jacob Kruger <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> And, from the following page:
> http://www.zzee.com/solutions/**linux-permissions.shtml<http://www.zzee.com/solutions/linux-permissions.shtml>
>
> 0 All types of access are denied
> 1 Execute access is allowed only
> 2Write access is allowed only
> 3 Write and execute access are allowed
> 4 Read access is allowed only
> 5 Read and execute access are allowed
> 6 Read and write access are allowed
> 7 Everything is allowed
>

> Jacob Kruger
> Blind Biker
> Skype: BlindZA
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jacob Kruger" <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello Jacob.

There is a peculiarity I have found coming to unix (well Mac, but CentOS
also).

If you want to use a directory like you would expect to use one, then it
needs the execute property.

To that end, I use mkdir($s_Directory, 0755, True); This creates the
complete directory path, along with the ability to write files into it.

It also automatically limits write capabilities to non-owner, making it
read-only.

I hope that helps.

--
Richard Quadling