To: <php-windows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Pierre Joye" <pierre.php@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 5:45 PM
Subject: Re: Performance/handling limit on mysqli_real_escape_string() function?

And, here's the current test code:

//start code
$f = fopen("./candles.png", "rb");
$fB = fread($f, filesize("./candles.png"));
fclose($f);
$b = NULL;
$stmnt = $mysqliObj->prepare("update tbl_mysqli_test set b_test = ? where id = 1;");
$stmnt->bind_param("b", $b);
$stmnt->send_long_data(0, $fB);
$stmnt->execute();
var_dump($stmnt);
//end code

And, the results of the error it outputs, and the results of the var_dump function are the following:

Warning: Error while sending STMT_EXECUTE packet. PID=3372 in C:\xampp\htdocs\mysqli\bind.php on line 21 object(mysqli_stmt)#2 (9) { ["affected_rows"]=> int(-1) ["insert_id"]=> int(0) ["num_rows"]=> int(0) ["param_count"]=> int(1) ["field_count"]=> int(0) ["errno"]=> int(2006) ["error"]=> string(26) "MySQL server has gone away" ["sqlstate"]=> string(5) "HY000" ["id"]=> int(1)

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jacob Kruger" <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>