Re: CLI Crash Bug

Hi Keith,

Long tme, no hear.

Keith Davis in php.windows (Sat, 20 Jul 2013 07:14:39 -0500):
>We are trying to move to 5.5, but are stopped by this bug which we reported:
>
>https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=65247

>------------
>If Opcache is enabled for CLI, php.exe crashes on shutdown every single time, on 3
>different machines.
>
>No crashes on FastCGI (IIS 7.5), and no crashes on CLI if opcache is disabled.
>
>Always happens on shutdown, tested with XDebug, after script completes (as far as
>I can tell.)

Since this is PHP run from the commandline, you are not bound to the x86
versions (as you are under IIS). You might try one of the x64 versions,
posted here:
http://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?t=5480

Do not use php_opcache.dll, but php_opcache64.dll. The Windows version
of opcache uses a semaphore file, that is the same if a user tries to
load a second instance of opcache. By just changing the name of the
semaphore file (which does php_opcache64.dll) I was able to run two
instances of opcache on the same machine, under the same user: PHP 5.3
NTS x86 (for Drupal6) and PHP 5.5 NTS x64 (for Drupal7).

There is also a difference in the mmap_base of the x86 and x64 versions.
On x86 is looks really fixed, x64 seems to choose a mmap_base on its
own.

At the moment I am trying to load a PHP 5.4 x64 with opcache as well
(with yet another semaphore file), but that one randomly crashes.

Jan