Re: Need help with mysql error

What's the sort of final result version of $sql look like?

I am assuming that you're using something like sprintf function to build it
up based on original string, and values, etc.?

As in, I myself would generally have used something like $sql =
sprintf("insert into %s...", $tableName);

etc. - and that's a bastardised version to give you a better idea, and, the
easiest way to maybe try find out exactly what's causing the issue would be
to echo/spit out the whole $sql string value instead of trying to execute it
for now, followed by exit; or something like that to just see what the
resulting T-SQL statement would have been/contained.

That also brings up that when I insert/make use of form field values in
building an SQL statement, I would want to make sure they get processed by
mysqli_real_escape_string function - partly since I prefer using mysqli,
instead of just mysql, to make sure there are no funny characters in the
values as such.

The standard mysql real escape function is explained here:
http://php.net/manual/en/function.mysql-real-escape-string.php

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA