codeProject article on TTS for the web

This article makes use of 4 separate examples/ways to try dynamically generate/output TTS content using PHP pages, requesting TTS content via webpages, making use of google translate, speechUtil.com and text2Speech.org for server side requests for output audio files, but also makes use of a sort of client side javascript port of the eSpeak TTS synth:
http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/435434/Text-to-Speech-tts-for-the-Web

Only real issues seem to be browser compatibility, but they seem to have tested it, and are sort of making use of primarily HTML5 audio tags, which won't work too well backwardly compatible, but still.

For example, while the clientSide javascript port of eSpeak works alright in mozilla fireFox 14 here, the other examples don't appear to be playing rendered audio automatically via internet explorer 8 as such, which is still my primary browser, but could probably easily enough make minor changes to the PHP code to render that part of the audio playback process work a bit better on it, but, the other issue is I know, for example, google translate doesn't like automated server side requests from my website...<smile>.

Either way, if you want, I have put these samples up on a page here - and, the reason the eSpeak example may take a little time to load is the javascript port comes to over 2Mb:
http://www.blindza.co.za/webTTS/

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker