Re: gd2 with t1lib

After more testing I noticed that no special characters like german umlauts or french characters are displayed. This is a common problem with ps1 fonts and with t1lib one can solve it with imagepsencodefont.

I could not find a solution yet. Some mention to convert the string first to i.e. utf-8 or to use html-specific characters like ä or ü but this can only work for fonts with a proper encoding vector (and ps1 fonts don't). So i was not successfull with this. Of course, with arial.ttf there is not problem with umlauts.

I also tried to use the extrainfo parameter with imagefttext but with no success:

$text=imagefttext($img, 28, 0, 152, 56, $black, "fonts/HLBEuro_.PFB", "Kürbis", array('flags'=>gdFTEX_IsoLatin1));

Since I could not find (or understand) a documentation for the extrainfo parameter, am I wrong with my code? Or is there an other solution?

"Pierre Joye" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:CAEZPtU7Hy03-2MmHB0Zy2UYHHCV71m2gWrzuHmeXQp5un3Yxgg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx...

hi,

Freetype supports postscript fonts as well, what prevents you to use
the ft functions?