CSPRNG under windows.

Hello PHP,

I have plans on creating security framework for PHP websites, I would love to support windows but I am having trouble getting access to any sort of CSPRNG in windows, this is a bit of a problem....

mcrypt supposedly will help with this, but I am having trouble finding easily accessible binaries that I could even dream of using it as a reasonable requirement for a framework.

openssl_random_pseudo_bytes I hear has lots of entropy issues on windows... so it's not appropriate to use that either...

I tried accessing the .NET csprng through DOTNET in PHP....

$rand = new DOTNET('mscorlib', 'System.Security.Cryptography.RNGCryptoServiceProvider');

$rand->GetBytes('somethinggoeshere');

docs are here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.security.cryptography.rngcryptoserviceprovider.aspx

for some reason, no matter what I try to pass to GetBytes, won't work (throws wrong type exceptions), tried arrays, strings, various VARIANT objects... nothing seems to make it happy.

So I am wondering, is there no easy way to get to a suitable CSPRNG in windows? If there is none am I the only one who sees a big problem with that?

Love,

Chad Minick