Re: Problem in sending email from localhost

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 5:37 PM, Niamathullah Sharief <phpsha@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I am trying to send mail from my localhost but i am getting the below
> error
> ""Warning: mail() [function.mail]: Failed to connect to mailserver at
> "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini
> or use ini_set() in F:\test\xampp\htdocs\sendmail.php on line 42'"
>
> I am using xampp server. Can anyone please tell me what is the error
>
> My "php.ini" code is
> [mail function]
> ; For Win32 only.
> ; http://php.net/smtp
> SMTP = smtp.gmail.com
> ; http://php.net/smtp-port
> smtp_port = 587
>
> ; For Win32 only.
> ; http://php.net/sendmail-from
> ;sendmail_from = xxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxx
>
> ; For Unix only.  You may supply arguments as well (default:
> "sendmail -t -i").
> ; http://php.net/sendmail-path
> ;sendmail_path = "\"F:\test\xampp\sendmail\sendmail.exe\" -t"
>
> ; Force the addition of the specified parameters to be passed as
> extra parameters
> ; to the sendmail binary. These parameters will always replace the value of
> ; the 5th parameter to mail(), even in safe mode.
> ;mail.force_extra_parameters =
>
> ; Add X-PHP-Originating-Script: that will include
> uid of the script followed by the filename
> mail.add_x_header = Off
>
> ; Log all mail() calls including the full path of the script, line
> #, to address and headers
> ;mail.log = "F:\test\xampp\apache\logs\php_mail.log"

guessing from the error message, it seems that your SMTP and smtp_port
configuration is ignored(the error mentions localhost and port 25, which is
the default settings, that should be smtp.gmail.com and 587 by your config),
could you check, that you are editing the correct php.ini file?

Tyrael