Re: A weird, difficult session fatal error.

Good evening Bill,

Bill wrote:
> However -- when I instead try to go the next step with a mysql_query statement, > I get a really weird and fatal error (no window forms) reporting of: "You have an > error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server > version for the right syntax to use near 'aneura' at line 3". However, all there is at
> line 3 is: "session_start();" No mention of 'aneura' is made at all.

The line mentioned in your error message is reported by the MySQL driver, it corresponds to line 3 of your SQL statement, not to your PHP code. Please check your SQL query, i.e. through echoing your $query variable before executing mysql_query().

When posting to a php.net mailing list, please try to follow the mailing list's guidelines found here:

Best regards,

Sascha