Re: Header files for the Windows packages

hi,

To build PHP or extensions on Windows, see
http://wiki.php.net/internals/windows/stepbystepbuild

Hi,

I am well aware of that wiki page since it is what i followed to build PHP in order to get my own header files. However, it doesn't explain how one is supposed to build a dynamic library extension for Windows without building the PHP source code.

devel files like what is available on linux won't happen in a near future.

May i know the reasons why, or a pointer to a discussion that explains it? I haven't been able to find it. I am also wondering why a library file is being distributed in the "dev" directory, but not the header files that go with it.

Are the reasons it won't be happening soon a design problem or only practical? Because in the latter case, i did provide a command that seems quite close to taking care of that - and, although my knowledge of the PHP tree is very basic, i would be glad to help in integrating that command in the production of the distro.

Zouzou