Re: 2 questions on mssql and ldap

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 11:02 AM, Bruno CHALOPIN
<bruno.chalopin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Sascha,
>
> Le 12/05/2010 10:51, Sascha Meyer a écrit :
>>
>> I checked bugs.php.net and found the following bug:
>>
>> http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=43233
>>
>> Quote:
>> "This is not a bug, just missing feature or rather: missing sasl support
>> in the ldap libraries used to build win32 binaries."
>>
>> The bug's status is "open" so I assume that this is also a problem with
>> more recent builds of Windows PHP versions.
>>

> Thanks for the search. It is a pity that it hasn't been resolved since 2007.
> Seems like the win32 binaries of PHP are not considered that much despite
> the fact that the use of PHP is getting higher with the last versions of
> IIS. I suppose I'll be obliged to use COM components within PHP to simulate
> this not so native feature.

See my comment in the bug report. SASL is not well supported by AD
either. I'm really not sure we can get SASL support in openldap client
libraries working well for Windows.

About the sqlserver support question, I strongly suggest to use the
Microsoft SqlSrv driver instead. It is much more stable, works with
all active PHP versions and supports all authentification methods you
can have with the native sqlserver drivers on windows.

Cheers.
--
Pierre