Re: Trouble running a select query against a database, when I know the connection is working, and the data is there

Thanks.

Will try it out - think the .count is just related to $arr being sort of an array of records - and think I got it out of the PHP tutorial from w3schools.com, and it's worked on other pages.

Anyway, the following does now seem to work fine:

$qry = mysql_query($sql);
if (mysql_num_rows($qry) > 0)
{
echo "<ul>";
while($row = mysql_fetch_array($qry))
  {
echo "<li>" . $row['LinkName'] . " - " . $row['LinkDescription'] . " - ";
  }
echo "</ul>";
}

Thanks again