Send Mail from PHP Using SMTP Authentication

Hi,

  Just as I am exploring some of my alternatives for using the mail() in PHP, I came across a web page that one of the users on the list has provided me: http://email.about.com/od/emailprogrammingtips/qt/PHP_Email_SMTP_Authentication.htm. Does anyone know what the Mail.php is referring to here?

<?php

require_once "Mail.php";

$from = "Sandra Sender <sender@xxxxxxxxxxx>";

$to = "Ramona Recipient <recipient@xxxxxxxxxxx>";

$subject = "Hi!";

$body = "Hi,\n\nHow are you?";

?>

If it is something from PEAR package, why isn't it necessary for it to specify the path to that code?
Can it tell by itself?

Thanks for your help.

Alice