From: Venkat Raman Don [mailto:Don.Raman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, February 22, 2010 4:30 PM
To: Keith Davis; Pierre Joye; Robert
Cc: php-windows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE:  What about php 5.3 and printers or
PHP_PRINTER.DLL ?

Hi,

I did some test on Windows7 as well as Windows Server 2008. I used
fastcgi.impersonate=1 in both the cases. On Windows 7 everything is
fine. From Windows Server 2008 I am getting below error:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 524288) (tried to allocate
4294967295 bytes) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\phptest\print.php on line 2

The test file 'print.php' is a simple PHP file where I am making one
call to printer_open.

So went and debugged the code. In the function printer_open
implementation, we make call to OpenPrinter and later to
DocumentProperties. For some reason (I haven't figured it yet),
OpenPrinter call is success whereas DocumentProperties fails and returns
a negative number. Now look at the code below:

if (OpenPrinter(resource->name, &resource->handle, NULL) != 0) {

 		resource->pi2 = (PRINTER_INFO_2
*)emalloc(sizeof(PRINTER_INFO_2));

 		resource->pi2->pDevMode = (DEVMODE
*)emalloc(DocumentProperties(NULL, NULL, resource->name, NULL, NULL,
0));

 		if (DocumentProperties(NULL, resource->handle,
resource->name, resource->pi2->pDevMode, NULL, DM_OUT_BUFFER) == IDOK) {

Above the code tries to use Zend allocator to allocate memory assuming
DocumentProperties returned a valid value (here the actual size).
However DocumentProperties returned a negative value meaning failure and
I believe this value is treated as unsigned integer leading to a huge
value and thus the above message.

Regarding why DocumentProperties fails, I am not very sure. And this
happens on Win2k3 too. Look at the bug reported at
http://pecl.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=12293 long time back.

Keith, you can try accessing the printer under a normal account and
which is not part of administrator group and see if this helps. Ensure
that the normal user has permission to access the printer.

Thanks,
Don.