Re: Re: cgi

Hi Earl,

Earl wrote:
> I have downloaded and installed PHP versions:  5.2.9-2, 5.2.10, 5.2.12,
> 5.3.0, and lastly 5.3.1.  Originally when installed each version gave a
> CGI
> error and nothing associated with PHP would work.  I did get 5.3.1 to
> install and operate without the CGI error.  I was able to access phpinfo
> and
> some PHP web pages.
>
> In each case after long hours of frustration I have gone back to PHP
> 5.2.9,
> and it just works! ! !
>
> I have in fact downloaded the latest versions of the tools previously
> mentioned, all the tools work with 5.2.9, anything beyond that and the
> pages/interfaces do not open.  I find no PHP specific errors in the event
> viewer.  The only error I find in the server log relates to use of local
> time versus a time zone, and only deals with Nucleus.

do you have to use Xitami as webserver? I would advice to use Apache2 to test if the problems persist with the various PHP branches and steppings.
PHP will not automatically log errors, you first have to enable it through the "error_reporting", "log_errors" and "error_log" directives directives in php.ini. Restart your webserver and check again if errors are logged now.
--
Preisknaller: GMX DSL Flatrate für nur 16,99 Euro/mtl.!
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02