From: Pierre Joye [mailto:pierre.php@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, 3 December 2009 3:06 AM
To: Landon Baine
Cc: php-windows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Frustrated new php "developer" on Windows

hi,

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 6:01 PM, Landon Baine <landonab70@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Where does a new person start?
>  Are there any good guides that you use to set up this type of local
> environment?  Do I just install each piece...PHP, MySQL, etc. and work
> through it as I go?  Am I looking for a "how to setup WIMP" that
> doesn't exist?

Reading the manual is amazingly helpful:
http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.windows.php

I would also suggest to simply use the MS Web Platform installer, it will setup everything you need, even mysql or other non php.net softwares. It uses the same installer than php.net (fetched from the same location).

For your other questions, that's not directly windows specific questions but more about developments and deployments "strategy", there are dozen of tutorials about these topics out there.

Cheers,
--
Pierre

http://blog.thepimp.net | http://www.libgd.org