From: "Niel Archer" <not@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, November 03, 2009 7:36 PM
To: <php-windows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re:  req: help with mail on IIS 6

On Tue, 03 Nov 2009 22:19:53 GMT Niel Archer <not@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote

> > Hi All: Just joined the list.
> >
> > I'm having problems configuring mail in PHP. I have PHP 5.2.9 > > installed on > > server 2003 std with sp2 installed. The default SMTP service is > > running. > > I'm running Wordpress without any problems, except for configuring > > mail.
> >
> > My php.ini file looks like:
> >
> > [mail function]
> > ; For Win32 only.
> > ;smtp = localhost
> > ;smtp = 127.0.0.1
> > smtp = 192.168.1.6
> > smtp_port = 25
> >
> > ; For Win32 only.
> > sendmail_from = me@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> >
> > I've tried each of the three server addresses above, and none of them > > work.
> >
> > If I try to run a simple test like:
> >
> >     <?php
> >     $to = "me@xxxxxxxxxxxx";
> >     $subject = "Test mail";
> >     $message = "Hello! This is a simple email message.";
> >     $from = "me@xxxxxxxxxxxx";
> >     $headers = "From: $from";
> >     mail($to,$subject,$message,$headers);
> >     echo "Mail Sent.";
> >     ?>
>
> $headers must be terminated by "\r\n"

Thanks Neil...I went back to the php.net docs for "mail" and picked up their
example, with this syntax:

<?php
$to      = 'you@xxxxxxx';
$subject = 'Test mail';
$message = 'hello';
$headers = 'From: me@xxxxxx' . "\r\n" .
mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers);
?>

(I've replaced the actual "to" and "from" to dummy addresses)...still doesn't
work...I don't get an error when running the script, but no mail is sent.

Do not use to or from fields in the 'User <user@xxxxxxxxxxx>' , is
doesn't work on Windows.  If I recall correctly, the function silently
fails with these.

Niel Archer