Re: Zend Server Community Edition

> Does anyone here have any opinion about Zend Server Community Edition?
>
> I'm doing some tests here and I'm intending to use it at the University
> Library where I work.
>
> Any input about this web application would be nice.

I recently looked at changing to Zend CE for my development machine. The
reason being, Zend no longer provide their Debugger tool for PHP 5.3
Thread Safe builds.
After looking into it and some deliberation I decided learning to use a
new debugger (Xdebug) and sticking with PHP/Apache compiled as the
developers designed them, with support from those same developers as the
build is standard;  was preferable to getting the debugger and learning a
new configuration of the stack, and only having support from the third
party (Zend) as the build is now non-standard.

> TIA,
>
> --
> Marcos R. Cardoso
> Seção de Documentação e Automação