From: Pierre Joye [mailto:pierre.php@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 30 September 2009 12:38
To: Paul J. Smith
Cc: php-windows
Subject: Re:  problems with includes after upgrade from 5.2.1 to 5.2.11

hi,

I don't see what could have caused this problem in 5.2.x. However it
is a bad idea to use absolute path without a drive letter. It should
be better to setup correctly your include_path and relies on it, or
prefix your include/require with a predefined path:

define('MYINC', 'e:/mysite/include/');
include MYINC . 'foo/test.php';

Cheers,
--
Pierre

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 1:11 PM, Paul J. Smith <pjsmith@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just upgraded php and am using it with IIS / FastCgi.
>
> Now all my code 'includes' and 'requires' are failing as they don't have drive letters :(
>
> This does not see to happen if you run from the command line.
>
> My php files are all stored on drive e:
>
> Previously all my code just referenced full paths like /mysite/includes/test.php
>
> Now I find this does not work unless I use e:/mysite/includes/test.php
>
> Any way to fix this without having to change 1000's of lines of code!?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paul
>
> --

Pierre