Re: Start and stop windows service for multiple remote computers

Hi Sam,

sam rumaizan wrote:

Can someone show me how to Start and Stop windows service for multiple remote computers using Command Prompt or PowerShell or even Java?
Thank you
please have a look at the following windows commands:

"net start" / "net stop" -> available on Windows 2000 and above, I think it's also available on Windows NT 4
"sc query", "sc start", "sc stop" -> available on Windows XP, also works on remote computers other than XP (works when started on XP and stopping a service on Win 2000 SP4)

Otherwise have a look at the PSService from SysInternals, http://technet.microsoft.com/de-de/sysinternals/bb897542.aspx

Good luck!

Regards,

Sascha