Re: PECL SVN Extension Setup Help

Jake Conk wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I tried installing the pecl svn extension but I get an error.
>
> This is the command I ran along with all the output:

>> pecl install svn-beta
> downloading svn-0.3.tgz ...
> Starting to download svn-0.3.tgz (20,274 bytes)
> ...... done: 20,274 bytes
> 4 source files, building
> ERROR: The DSP svn.dsp does not exist

> I am using php 5.2.5 on windows xp. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Jake

Hmmm - that's not the way to install pecl extensions on windows.

First of all you need to install subversion - since the svn php
extension is a wrapper.

Second you need to get a svn extension binary - php_svn.dll

Are you using the thread safe or non-thread safe version of php?
Grab the appropriate pecl pack from http://php.net/downloads and this
item should be inside.  Place php_svn.dll in your php extensions directory.

Finally you need to edit your php.ini, adding the line
extension=php_svn.dll where your other extensions are enabled.  Then
restart your server.

Thanks,
Elizabeth Smith