Re: Upload Files!

Files and all associated properties are saved in the $_FILES[] variable. From here, you can get the file name, file size, etc.

I would recommend that you come up with your own name for the file. My code may not be right, but it will be close.

$LocalFilePath = /path/to/local/files/
$LocalFileName = md5($_FILES[<formfield>]["name"]);

// perform an action to save the file locally.

Assuming that you have the user name from the session data,

$Sql = "insert into UserFiles
	(User, Filename, Extension, Date)
	values
	($_SESSION["user"]
	,$LocalFileName
	,$_FILE[<formfield>]["type"]
	,time())";

Now you've got a database of all files saved by user.

See http://us3.php.net/features.file-upload for more info about the $_FILES variable.

Jarrett M

Matthew Gonzales wrote:
Hello,

I am wondering if anyone out might be able to point me in the right direction on uploading files from a website into MySQL Databses. I am trying to create a way for members to upload files and associate them with there user profile. What data type must I use. Thanks for your help in advance.

Matt G

--
Jarrett M. T. Meyer, M.B.A.
jmtmeyer@xxxxxxxxx