PHP and VB connectivity

QUESTION: how can i get data from a PHP script sent to a V application.

The VB application is running on a local client, and the php script is
running on the WEB server. The PHP srcipt gets data from a database, and
must pass the result to the V application on the client machine.

Can someone please help me on this or atleast point me in th eright
directions

Thanks