Re: php-windows Digest 1 Apr 2008 06:34:41 -0000 Issue 3450

At 23:34 03/31/2008, "Meir" <meir@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

To: php-windows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Meir" <meir@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 09:33:33 +0300
Subject: Re: compiling using vs 2005

"Evan Burkitt" <evanb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:ESS55euwdUTaGmvSVMu00000134@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>>To: php-windows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>From: "Meir" <meir@xxxxxxxxxx>
>>Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 15:16:23 +0300
>>Subject: compiling using vs 2005
>>
>>hello
>>i compiled php 5.2.5 with vs 2005 and every thing works fine on my
>>computer
>>, but when i transfered it to another computer i got this error message
>>"the
>>application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002) click ok to
>>terminate
>>the application"
>>i tried to copy all the redist directory from vs to that computer still no
>>success.
>>what else can i do to make it work?
>>tia
>>meir
>
> If you compiled PHP yourself be sure you made a release build, not a debug
> build (which VS does by default). Debug builds require DLLs that aren't in
> the MS redistributables available in the link Elizabeth gave you.
>
> -eb-

Well i think that im compiling a release build but im not sure , in the
configure phase i didnt add --enable-debug is that sufficient to make a
release build?
Meir

Ah, I see. The PHP build process uses the command line and, as far as I can determine, unless you specify a "debug" build you'll get a release build. To be sure, did you obtain the php executable(s) you're running from a file path with the word "release" in it somewhere? If so, my original suggestion is of no help.

Since you have Visual Studio available, you have an excellent tool available to use to track down missing dependencies. In <visual studio install folder>\Common7\Tools\Bin, locate depends.exe and depends.dll. Copy these files to the computer exhibiting the error and run depends.exe (it's a GUI app); it calls itself Dependency Walker. Open php.exe (or php-win.exe; whatever the PHP executable is called) and look in the bottom pane for any messages about modules not found. With luck this will tell you exactly what's missing.

-eb-