Re: Re: need help building php on windows

At 14:09 14/03/2008, you wrote:
Jason wrote:
> Hi all,

<snip>

> Here's the compile error I'm getting:
>
> main\internal_functions.c(69) : error C2065: 'phpext_dblib_ptr' :
> undeclared identifier
> main\internal_functions.c(69) : error C2099: initializer is not a constant
> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"cl.exe"' : return code '0x2'
>
> Can anyone who has built this DLL on windows shed any light?
>
> TIA
> Jason

Actually I haven't been able to get the dblib version of the mssql
extension building on windows either but don't have the time to tackle
it at the moment - you can try building it with JUST dblib or JUST
mssql, I know building both at the same time leads to weirdnesses

To be honest, I can't actually get either of the mssql variants to compile properly. Specifically I can compile the MS mssql dll, but can't link it (unresolved external _in6addr_any in php5ts.dll).

I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm missing some little "not-widely-documented" file location or ENV var. setting. It's always the little things :/

I notice from your post I linked to, that I should use nmake.exe from the SDK - but I could only find an x64 variant included, so I'm using the VisStudio6 SP6 version - would this be a possible cause?

TIA
Jason