From: Frank M. Kromann [mailto:frank@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 3:25 PM
To: Leticia Larrosa
Cc: php-windows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  mssql and latin characters

Hi Leticia,

MS SQL server comes with a set of client tools that allows you to specify
the encoding. There is a checkbox in the Client Network Tool that allows
you to enable/disable OEM character conversion. Flipping that for the alias
you are using to connect to the database should fix the problem.

Remember this must be done on the box where PHP is running if that's
different from the SQL server box.

- Frank

http://www.psicofxp.com/forums/desarrollo-web.264/226703-php-mssql-y-acentos

http://www.forosdelweb.com/f18/problemas-con-caracteres-especiales-acentos-p