mysql not working but very odd

Ok,

I had php installed on a server with mysql module and I just copied all the
files over to a new machine. It didn't work. I tried reinstalling and all,
still same issue.

I ran php -I output and it seems to be all ok, this is part of the output:

mysql

MySQL Support => enabled

Active Persistent Links => 0

Active Links => 0

Client API version => 5.0.37

Directive => Local Value => Master Value

mysql.allow_persistent => On => On

mysql.connect_timeout => 60 => 60

mysql.default_host => localhost => localhost

mysql.default_password => no value => no value

mysql.default_port => 3306 => 3306

mysql.default_socket => no value => no value

mysql.default_user => no value => no value

mysql.max_links => Unlimited => Unlimited

mysql.max_persistent => Unlimited => Unlimited

mysql.trace_mode => Off => Off

Now, when I try to load a page I get an error:

This page cannot be displayed due to an internal error.

You can provide the following information to the administrators of this site
to help them solve the problem:

Error: mysql extension not loaded

 You can see the error in http://www.unionlatina.org/

Any ideas what's going on? I tried putting the files in c:\windows\system32
and same thing, I can't think of anything else. I've installed, reinstalled,
restarted, removed, downgraded, upgraded, copy the exact files. nothing
always the same error.