RE: new --- a question

If you device is available via a com port, then using file IO is probably
best, but if that is not enough try;

http://us.php.net/manual/en/ref.dio.php

This goes without saying, the very real potential for hacking a computer
with device exposure via a web interface can be disasterous, so caviat
emptor ;-)

Warren