Just to let you know it's now all working

Thanks to Bill Bolte for referring me to the Wamp installation.

I can now in fact start doing what I want using the combination of PHP and MySQL.

Only funny thing I found was that initially after the installation, after starting up MySQL.exe in order to create a database, add a user etc., for some reason it kept on generating errors when I tried to create the user using the following syntax:
create user blindza identified by 'whatever';

However it now seems to be working fine, since I've now created the database with one table in it so far, and specified the new username/password combo, granted them privileges to that database, and tested it with some very simple code just reading what's currently the only record in that DB, and displaying it in the output.

Either way, like I said, thanks since I can now finally try to get back on track, and the next thing I will most likely try is to implement the PHPMyAdmin app that I downloaded since it's also what gets used by/at my hosting provider.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA