Re: Outlook 2007

Gustav Wiberg wrote:
BUT, to my defense maybe I was not clear enough with my question. I
wanted to do something with PHP that replaced the Outlook:// protocol
in some way. (And I know that Outlook:// is a html-thing)  It could
be an ActiveX control (which I by the way found by myself) and I know
that that has nothing to with PHP either. It could be any COM-control
which I haven't recieved any answer for (and that's ok - IF nobody
know, nobody knows...)

The outlook protocol (outlook://) is not an HTML thing, it's barely even an HTTP thing, it's a Windows thing. More specifically it's an Outlook thing.

When Outlook is installed it registers the outlook:// protocol handler in the Windows registry. This causes Outlook to be called to handle requests using that protocol.

Hopefully you can see now why when you say you want to replace it with PHP it doesn't make much sense. If I'm interpolating your request correctly you basically want to launch Outlook into a specific view from a link. If so then you're really out of luck unless your web server is local in which case you could probably hack it together but it wouldn't be pretty or, IMHO, worth doing.

Rather than asking us if it's possible to do something in a particular way, you may want to try telling us what you want to achieve.

-Stut

--
http://stut.net/