Wamp/XAMPP and phpmyadmin

I recently came across wamp and XAMPP and was tempted to use them. They seemed really easy to use and the installation is simple and easy. What really amazed me is phpmyadmin. But i am yet to start with phpmyadmin. I am still learning php. If i start using phpmyadmin i'd probably never learn to use command line. So, my question is how healthy is it to use phpmyadmin for a n00b?
Regards
Abhisek