Re: ORDER BY is not sorting

What kind of field is the keyID? is it int, char, varchar?

- Aleksander

Mark Abrams wrote:
Is mysql_fetch_array the proper function to access sorted data? The problem is consistent on my test server and my ISPs mySQL DB.

rowID is the primary key. Do I need to have an index attribute on a field I want to sort?

<tg-php@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:20070731203155.CEE1819504F@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I can't really see anything wrong with what you have there. It shouldn't matter that your SQL is inside the query function, although I like to build the query in a variable outside the query function, but either way it should work.

And you're obviously getting data and not an error, right?

What happens if you leave the "DESC" off? Does it come back 4, 3, 2, 1? or still 1, 2, 3, 4?

You might try displaying more data from the result set to see if there's some other issue.

And have you tested the SQL statement just using MySQL via command line, phpMyAdmin, WinSQL, Navicat, or something like that?

-TG