From: Jarrett Meyer [mailto:jmtmeyer@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2007 8:56 AM
To: PHP Windows List
Subject: Re:  Arrays past to functions

http://jarrettmeyer.blogspot.com
http://www.jarrettmeyer.com

----- Original Message ----
From: Jacob Bergman <jbergman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: php-windows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2007 11:46:19 AM
Subject:  Arrays past to functions

Hello all,

 I am learning about passing arrays to functions, and am trying to
create a function that will display a total amount for a price for
several states.  Say using CA, WA, and OR, and setting there tax rates
at, whatever, say 5%, 7%, and 8% respectively.  I want a function I can
pass the array of states, and tax rates to that will display the total
amount (amount + tax) of say a $1500 purchase.  I am trying to use a
switch statement to accomplish this, but I think I may be in over my
head trying to do this with what I have learned so far...  Here is the
code I have so far I get 0 every time I run it, try not to laugh... :-)
Thanks guys.

$State = array ("CA" , "WA" , "OR");

   function compute_salestax ($Amount , $State)

            {

             switch ($State)

                    {

                     case "CA" :