From: Stut [mailto:stuttle@xxxxxxxxx] Sent: Monday, July 09, 2007 8:18 AM
To: Jacob Bergman
Cc: php-windows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Testing MySQL PHP connection

Jacob Bergman wrote:
While trying to connect to the mysqll database with php, I use the
following file:

<snip lots of code including the root password!!>

When I access this file I I get "Fatal error: Call to undefined
function
mysqli_connect() in C:\Program Files\Apache
Group\Apache2\htdocs\mysql_up.php on line 13"

Not sure what is wrong...  I'm pretty new to all this and grabbed this
out of a book.  Thanks for the help!

You need to enable/install the MySQLi extension. Your book should tell you how to do that, if not: http://php.net/mysqli

-Stut