Re: MySQL query error

James Blandford wrote:
Hello,
I am making a private messaging system for my website, and if you click on the pm, it --should-- set it as "read" rather than "unread". I am using the query:
UPDATE pms SET read=1 WHERE id='{$assoc['id']}'
but it is giving me this error:
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'read=1 WHERE id='4'' at line 1 To me, this query looks perfectly fine, but obviously it isn't. Please can you tell me how to make it work.

Query looks fine. Are you sure the table and field names are correct?

-Stut

--
http://stut.net/