Re: How to use Windows Authentication (SSPI) with mssql_connect command ?

Yes that is possible.

If the web server allows anonymous access to the script it will use the
generic account, but if anonymous access is disabled you can get the auth
method and name from the $_SERVER array. I think it's called
$_SERVER['AUTH_USER']. You can test that by creating a small script the
spit's put phpinfo(); and remove anonumous access to the script.

- Farnk

> I know you don't need it to connect/update the database.  I was
thinking
> more along the lines of using it for an event logging type of scenario.
>
> User A opens and processes an order.  Upon completion User A saves the
order
> with its new status.  Would it be possible to extract who User A is by
> pulling the name out of the NT authentication required to access the
server?

> Almost like how a session works by storing the username after someone
logs
> in.  But instead of them having to log in, it would just pull the
"username"
> from their NT account.
>

> On 5/31/07, Frank M. Kromann <frank@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > that will be the user configured under IIS (IUSR_<host name>). You
don't
> > need that information to update the database you should be able to
cal
> > mssql_connect() without any parameters.
> >
> > - Frank
> >
> > > If you set mssql.secure_connection = On, is there a way in PHP where
you
> > can
> > > then retrieve the username of the person that is trying to update
the
> > > database?

> > sure

> > with