Re: LAST_INSERT_ID & LAST_UPDATE_ID

sam rumaizan wrote:
How can I select (retrieve) the last updated cell (field). Basically I need to pull the new information only.
I'm using for updating my database: UPDATE table SET column = CONCAT_WS ('column,'" . $column."') WHERE column= value; I need to select data: SELECT * FROM table WHERE column=Whatever I found LAST_INSERT_ID but i doesn't work

LAST_INSERT_ID will not work because you're not inserting anything. The clue, you see, is in the name.

Your best bet would be to add a timestamp/datetime field to the table and include that in the update. Then you can use that field to get the last row that was changed.

-Stut