Re: Network programming with php

sam rumaizan wrote:
I need to create an online system to monitors the ports for my local network. For example:
  I have 50 ports and I need the system to give me an alarm whenever the port is down for any reason. Pulse I want the system to give me the manufacture name to be able to decide what kind of port it is (printer, PC, access point,...etc)

This particular wheel already exists: http://www.nagios.org/. And that's just one example, there are several out there.

-Stut

Aaron Kenney <awkenney@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  "Network programming" is a very broad term. What is it that you are
trying to accomplish?