So why do I need session?

You use a session to store values that are required over the course of a single visit, and a cookie to store more persistent data that is used over multiple visits.
  Session: when you close the browser the session gets flushed. Which means the browser will not recognize the user next time he/she browse the page unlike cookie.

  So why do I need session? OR maybe I didn?t understand session

Looking for earth-friendly autos?