Re: How to read the username

sam rumaizan wrote:
I need my webpage to read the username of the PC (machine). Is it possible to do this with PHP?

Yes it is, but you need to set it up right. What you're after is NTLM authentication. If you're using IIS then this is pretty easy, just change the permissions on the website to require authentication. If you're using Apache you'll need to find a module to handle this for you, there are several but it's been a while since I've looked into this.

In short, Google for "NTLM authentication" and add the name of your web server. When I did this a few years ago with Apache running on FreeBSD it took a while to get it set up and working properly, but it was worth it.

-Stut